Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bursting

Tonight I have this overwhelming desire to play the piano. The funny thing is, I don't play well at all. I can plunk out a few hymns, some random Andrew Lloyd Webber stuff, and maybe a waltz or two. But what makes it particularly funny is the fact that it's 10 p.m....Not that late by most folks' standards, but my parents are long asleep. Just now I started laughing, remembering one of Reuben's stories from freshman year, when he came home one night to play the drums. The problem? It was 3 a.m. My favorite part was when Reuben described this incredibly quiet (and weird) guy named Kenneth poking his head out the door and making an angry face, without saying a word. Priceless.

Actually, I think my sudden musical ambitions are a result of nervous energy. I've got big plans for the weekend, and I can hardly contain myself. In addition to the regular stuff, I'm looking forward to more moving (and actually staying at my place), some dancing (already have planned a kickin' salsa outfit) and a yard sale. These are the things I live for. OK, not moving, but nesting. And of course dancing and garage sale-ing. They make life worth living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home