Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A little movement

A little update-- the house is finally mine! Hooray! I had my final inspection yesterday and it's all official. So last night my mom and I went over to my house so I could start the HUGE unpacking process. It's a little overwhelming, but fun at the same time. I ran my dishwasher for the first time last night, and hung up a shower curtain, and got the study in pretty good-looking shape. I won't give you the big rundown on everything else that needs to be done, because it's boring and long and, let's be honest, who cares? My goal is to have everything basically set up by Easter. Folks are coming to my house for Easter Dinner, and I want the house to look put-together.
And, I can't remember if I said this already, but spring fever seems to be working to my advantage these days. I love this season! The clothes are cute, I'm in the mood to clean, and everyone around me is falling in love (not with me, necessarily, but I'm working a couple good leads). The flowers are blooming in town, so everything smells great. Plus also, I was visiting my little pal Jacob the other night, and this cute little boy from down the hall in the dorms handed me a little bouquet of flowers he pinched from around campus. I loved them not only because they were beautiful and unexpected, but also because they reminded me of another illegal flower-gathering I was privy to, back in Poland. My friend/roommate Emily had been out of town, visiting some friends in Katowice. Our mutual friend Agnieszka (the president of Emily's fan club) wanted to have a little surprise for Em, so she asked me to come pick flowers with her. First, we went to this field with a bunch of weeds. That went all right, until Aga remembered all the flowers at the dom studencki (dorm run by nuns, by the way), and stared pulling up roses, hydrangeas, etc., etc. The nuns yelled at Aga, but she didn't really let it phase her. I miss that girl.
Anyway, happy, happy life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home