Thursday, April 12, 2007

Love is a Battlefield

Last night, I had the most amazing experience. My cousin took me over to his favorite restaurant here in Savannah-- Queenies To Go-Go. It's a great place. The tableclothes have pink and black polka dots, the tables outside are painted like an Alice In Wonderland-pyschadelic dream, and the waitstaff is gay and fabulous. Honestly, the nicest, most charming folks. Well, they aren't all gay-- not that it matters, but it matters a little for the story. So cousin let me style his very nice hair into an asymmetrical faux-hawk (it looked brilliant) and we went to Queenies to show it off to one of the waitresses (a straight one he used to see but is still good friends with, from what I can gather). Unfortunately, she'd already gone home for the night, but I did get to meet a little hipster named Sam (who they also said is straight, but it only matters a bit). Sam looked like a perfect combination of Pat Benetar and Dwight Yoakam. Only his face wasn't all that pinched.My cousin was kind enough to ask Sam to show me his signature pick-up move, and it was maybe the best thing I'd ever seen. He'd kind of slither on over to the bar (wearing the tightest grey girl jeans I've ever seen), do a little winking action, snap his fingers twice, clap, whirl his hand around, and timber! Fall to the bar on his side, catching himself with one hand. I'm not doing this justice, and I wish I had it on video. He was the funniest little boy ever. I'm really enjoying Savannah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home