Monday, April 2, 2007

Nesting

I'm in my house, I'm in my house!
Well, right now I'm at my parents' house, and I'm working. But I've stayed in my house for the last couple of nights! Love it, except the unpacking is taking FOREVER. I just want everything to be clean and cute and in ship-shape, and I've got very little time to get that done. I'm hoping to have everything in perfect order by the time the clan comes over for Easter dinner, but this week is going to be crazy. I'll have church stuff in town tonight, Wednesday, and Friday. Saturday we may or may not have an additional choir practice for our performance on Sunday. Plus also, I'm getting ready for a quick jaunt out of town, so it's all very busy and jumbled, but fun. I think I did seven loads of dishes yesterday (want everything to be clean before it goes into my cupboard, you know) and unpacked several boxes of books. But I still need to put another bookcase together so I can unload the rest of them, and I need to paint a bunch of furniture and... whew! Breathe, Rachel. Breathe!
OK, regaining some semblance of self-control.
The problem is, while I'm enjoying unpacking and putting my house in order, there are a lot of other things I enjoy, and they kind of are more important. I mean, if you had the choice between lining your cabinets with shelf paper (the world's worst job) and talking to your new, very smart, very interesting, very fun friend until a quarter to two and then driving home in the middle of the night, stoked at your social prowess, what would you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home