Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ringing Out like a Southern Belle

Hey Y'all.That's right. It's my new Georgia Greeting. Why couldn't I have been a debutante? I'm enjoying my little trip to visit cousin. It makes me really jealous to see all the beautiful live oak trees. I need some trees at my place. I need a whole forest of 'em. And if I can't have moss dripping from the branches, I can at least get rid of some of my sagebrush, right? All in good time.We're having a nice little visit out here. Or at least, I'm enjoying myself. I hope my being here isn't too much of a burden. It's really nice to have a break from the typical routine. I'm trying to catch up on my sleep here. I'm a little cold, though. Hmm... that makes me want to take a nap.This city also makes a person want to write. A lot. I've really enjoyed going into all the cute little shops where I've purchased tons of stationary. Don't ask me why. Stationary and blank books are a weakness of mine, even though I don't have time to be prolific. But maybe my several-day sabbatical will prove creatively fruitful.Meantime, that nap and my new book (one I'm reading, not writing, unfortunately) are calling my name. Oh. My hands smell like the soap at "The Lady and Sons." I didn't get to meet my celebrity crush Bobby Deen, but it still could happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home