Friday, June 25, 2010

Vegetarianism, Day 25

Today I had the best meal I think I've had all month-- cheese enchiladas, beans and rice from Teofilos. Ahh. It was so good I didn't have to envy my mom as she tucked into her beef tacos, though my mouth waters now as I think about them.
Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'm going to the Lavender Festival, which includes a nice little farmer's market. Lavender lemonade and heirloom tomatoes should get me through the home-stretch of my month-long experiment.
This afternoon was the first time I started thinking about some of the things I'll want to cook when I'm back to my (moderate) carnivorous ways. Surprisingly, I'm mostly craving another dish of Claire's garlic pasta with mushrooms (which I normally hate, but these were adorable and delectable) and bay scallops. You'd think I'd be craving red meat, but I'm really anxious to try my hand at this incredible dish. Claire made it for my birthday, and at the time it tasted like the best meal I'd ever had.
Another thing I'm looking forward to? Roasted vegetable soup. I suppose I could make it with vegetable broth instead of chicken stock, but I'm just gonna wait it out.
But for now, I'm too busy to think about any of that. I've got glittered swans to finish and glassine bags to emboss. Tonight I'm off to find a pattern for my Sound of Music skirt, and to hang with the Friday Nighters at Main Street Muscle and Fitness. Kinda sounds like I need a life, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home