Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I guess if my life were a chick-flick...

So here's today's funny story:

This afternoon as I worked on updating employee time cards and making the company deposit, I received a phone call from my sweet Sister-in-Law, Skye. I assumed we'd be discussing how soon we could go see "Eclipse." I considered the possibility that she might need me to watch the nieces. Because she was at work, it was possible she needed me to look up a phone number. But that was not the reason behind her call.


"Are you getting married in 11 months?"


Well, not that I know of.


What happened is this:

This morning, like most any weekday morning, I checked the facebook feed to see what was going on in the world and in my friends' lives in the last 12 hours. Most of it is insignificant, but you never quite know when someone is going to say something interesting. The big oops is when it's you, and you didn't mean for it to be.

As I scrolled along, I happened upon a picture of one of my college chums, Eric Christensen. This is not the picture, but I did pilfer this one from his page.


Handsome, no? As my avid readers know, I've talked about Eric and his best friend, Eric Otto, before. Also, many may recall that once Eric C. joked that we ought to get married around our 30th birthdays (he's two days older than I am), and so it gets brought up from time to time. Including today, when I said something to Eric Otto about it. And that's when my friend Cara saw it on HER news feed, and called Skye to get the dirt. Poor Skye said she THOUGHT I'd tell her if I were engaged before spilling the news on facebook, so I assured her I would.

I guess I didn't think anyone would take that seriously, especially considering I didn't have a changed relationship status and hadn't created a "Hell's frozen over and Rachel and So-and-So Are Tying the Knot so please join our group so we can send you invitations, which really means so you can send us presents" group. One would also think my reference in a later status update to my best friend Jake in a speedo would cast some doubt on the validity of my relationship with Eric (or Eric, for that matter).

So for the record, no wedding bells yet. Though the truth is I'd be happy to marry Eric Christensen, and I actually think he'd look much better in a speedo than Jacob would.

4 Comments:

At June 29, 2010 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bahhahahahahah!!!! I totally saw that comment on facebook this morning and thought nothing of it....maybe it's because I knew that you and Eric C. had your deal of, "If we're 30 and not married, let's get married" thing...hahahah! I can totally see Skye getting distressed about not knowing about a supposed engagement! =) Love ya!

 
At July 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Chad said...

Rachel Sego I need your phone number. I got a new phone, sent it back, got another new phone, sent it back, and got another new phone and kept it. Somewhere along the way I lost your number.

 
At July 3, 2010 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Chad said...

Hey, I lost your phone number during the process of getting a new phone and having to send it back two times because it did not work. Call me or email me your phone number

 
At July 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Chad said...

I just figured out that you have to approve the comment before it is posted. Hence the rewrite

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home