Monday, June 21, 2010

Best Zoey Story Yet AND How I'm Living the Technicolor Dream

Two nice bits from the weekend--
First, I unfortunately wasn't there to witness this firsthand, but here's another reason I love my funny, funny niece: My parents, brother, and brother's family went to a wedding this weekend in Colorado Springs. Jealous! Love that town! Anyway, the groom was one of my brother's best childhood friends, and the groom's mother is still one of my mother's closest pals. One of the groom's nieces, a darling seven-year-old named Ashlynn, became Zoey's newest heroine, and Z followed Ashlynn around without a break. At one point, they were near my family's table and Ashlynn said she was seven. Zoey immediately piped up and said, "I'm six," to which her mother laughed and said, "No you're not, you're only two!" Apparently Zoey got really mad that her mother outed her as Ashlynn said, "I thought she was a little small for six." HAHAHAHA! Oh, how I wish I could have been there for that one!
Second, this weekend I procured some very nice old drapes. And now, even though I can't sew, I plan to revamp my wardrobe, a la Maria Von Trap and Scarlett O'Hara. I'll let you know how it goes, but I think I'm going to look smashing in my very own drape dress... er, skirt. Yeah, how hard can a skirt be anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home